Sunday, November 20, 2011

He googles, she googles, we all google!



After a verrry long silence, I strapped on the thinking cap and decided I needed to either can the blog or reinvent it.
As discussed in a previous post, I'm trying on new looks to see which "virtual skin" fits the best and accessorizing with slight modifications here and there. I decided not to get too introspective and go all corporate with a mission statement but in the end believe it's best to go back to my original intention. Write and write often.
I scaled back the gadgets as my blog was starting to look like a Myspace page with every gidget going. The blog went girly pink, a new look that needs to be modified a fair bit. I want a chic boho fem branding not Stepford Coral... obviously a work in progress.
The upside has been a slightly more upscale advertiser is now gracing my page. Time will tell if boho pink equals more $.
As part of my research, I googled Unconventional Mummy to find I have an alter ego who resides in the UK. She has quite the flare for prose... erotica to be precise :). I also see she has a forum, not sure how if she uses the blog as a business tool but you have to hand it to Unconventional Mum ... she has it going on. Go ahead and take the jump http://www.unconventionalmum.co.uk .

No comments: