Wednesday, March 25, 2009

You offend me Fox News



I don't allow my 11 year old to appear on a national talk news show because she doesn't have the knowledge or media saavy to discuss current affairs with other talking heads.
I'm not even certain that in eight,ten or even twenty years that she will be erudite and well read enough to be a competent guest panelist on a round table current affairs show. She has a gift for comedy and currently has over a hundred children at her school laughing about a scottish dessert called "Spotted Dick" but her gift doesn't qualify her to appear as a talking head.
I think she has a shot at getting a guest spot on FOX'S RED EYE if the latest gaffe from the late night Rupert Murdoch owned FOX show is any indication.
I just watched the offending video ( posted above) after seeing the apology clip over and over. The apology is lame ,the ignorance offensive.
Why is brutal ignorant slander acceptable and when it's disputed merely slagged off as comedy ?
Slander and ignorance is never funny or acceptable.
Americans deserve intelligent television, our soldiers deserve respect.
Fox has been officially banned from my household and I'm urging every person who is disgusted as I am to turn off Fox.

No comments: