Friday, February 8, 2008

Holy S#%^t !
What did I do last night.
I wasn't even sipping a glass of Wolf Blass.... no excuses.
I started BLOGGING.... yep I'm now officially insane... will post pics and restraining orders later today.

The youngest critter ( age 10 and will be taller than her older sister) bounced down the stairs at 8.00 a.m. dressed in what I would call casual/christmas.
Gap turtleneck with plaid shiny xmas like paper mini skirt. No , the outfit wasn't sycronized.
I looked over at her while she was slurping down a healthy breakfast of vanilla Rice Crispies and juice and commented ,"Your Mother dress you "?
Katie replied ," No... I like this , it reflects my Scottish heritage". (we're not Scottish)
I have given up on forcing her to change her clothes before she goes to school or for that fact anywhere. Last year she insisted on going for a neighbourhood walk with me wearing her white bike helmet.
Shrug, yes I let her wear it. It took a quarter of a mile of weird looks and laughter for her to turn to me and say, " This looks stupid , can I take it off" ?
I did make her carry it for the rest of the walk . I decided long ago , if it's not dangerous , a little community shaming can't hurt.
Besides, add the slip on the indoor school pirate shoes and she might just start some weird grade five girl trend ...or be scarred for life.

No comments: