Sunday, February 10, 2008

We love Grandma Hardcore

I love Sunday mornings simply for the ability to be able to sleep in and wake up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee and bacon. The man in the basement makes the most decadent sandwich for Sunday brunch, the bacon ,onion and grilled cheese.
I'm such a lucky girl.
My children are old enough to fend for themselves so I can sleep in and I'm spoiled to have a man who not only loves me but feeds me and my crew decadent delights.
What does this have to do with a senior citizen who can kick my ass and yours each and every time on every gaming console ?
Not much ... but bear with me on this.

The girls lack the kind of grandparents who are fun,kind,understanding or civil. It's a complicated situation and I'm not delving into it but they have serious grandparent envy.
They both moan on about how their friends Grandparents take them places,don't play weird mindgames, are never critical and have a mutual admiration fan club with each other.

We always comment on and envy cool Grandparents.
Grandma hardcore is the ultimate awesome grandparent, not just for her wicked gaming skills but for her great relationship with her grandson Tim and even the other grandson who wipes out her memory card ( also know as Josh)
You can read and watch Grandma Hardcore @ http://oghc.blogspot.com

We are a gaming family due to the man in the basements career choice. The girls rip into a game and the man coaches. Katie and the man sit there for hours while he guides her through each level and shows her her every hidden easter egg. He is truly a Jedi warrior and makes great grilled cheese.
What more can a girl ask for ?

No comments: