Saturday, May 9, 2009

How do I know I'm not a Stepford blogger Mom ?

... because I'm not that damn cheerful.
And I started two sentences with no no words.
I'm going straight to blogger hell.

That or I need an anti depressant to get me back to my stain free Tide washed clean blogger attitude.
It's always interesting to read Mom blogs about how cute and perfect their respective lives are or to read which new "blogger family tried product" is just that perfect. How do these women get paid to product promote via their blog ?
I always feel like I'm a two penny stock promoter when recommending stuff to my friends in the blogosphere. Hell, I couldn't even sell my yellow morels which popped up like magic in my pea gravel path.
I must have contacted half a dozen restaurants,had four kijiji ad responses all to no avail. I guess we will enjoy quite the feast with our steak this evening and dry the rest for later.
I did get a phone call from the Manic Organic's wife and partner who was very enthusiastic about my succulent find but couldn't travel to pick them up due to scheduling constraints.
One of the boxwood trees at the front of the house died over the winter and has to be replaced. The problem is, there is no exact match. I will have to transplant the other bush to the burm and replace both areas with something else.
My front yard is covered in dandelions despite the herculean effort that Katie and I spent digging them out. I have sixty pounds of dandelion debris to show for it and very sore joints and muscles. F#$ck, I feel ancient.
I'm continually pissed off with the world and people in general.Drunk drivers,people who go to Mexico and get swine flu,neighbours.
I know, I know, small potatoes compared to people who are experiencing financial issues but we have that bugbear on top of us too.
I believe in the power of positive thought but sometimes cracks in the facade occur.
What can you do when life gets you down ?

1 comment:

Whinja Turtle said...

* Go to bed and start again tomorrow.
* watch a funny, kind,lovely, or uplifting movie.
* Drink a bottle of red wine through a straw. :)