Tuesday, May 19, 2009

These are a few of my favourite stocks...




Whisker's on kittens, not for me. I prefer the markets to pussy any day.
My long term stock picks include my ultimate favourite go long stocks, Veolia (VE) and Clean Energy Fuels Corp (CLNE). Green can generate green $.
The old adage is , invest in what you know. I know tech,baubles and gadgets so have invested in Electronic Arts,Research In Motion,Apple,Microsoft and Palm.
I always expect Apple to be volatile but what I don't understand is Palm.Palm shouldn't be so flip floppy especially with this new release around the corner.
Electronic Arts (ERTS) is another brand which should be stronger,at one point I thought video games was the only thing keeping the world economy afloat. Everyone and their Mom games , the stock is steady but should be a bigger gainer.
I have also learned that there is a happy medium between trading penny stocks and the Warren Buffett method. You have to know when to hold em, yada yada.
Penny stocks are for penny stock traders.You will burn and die in penny stocks if you're not playing the game when the market is open. I promoted a penny stock for three days and pushed it up 46% before it went flat.During this time period,I sat at my computer during market hours (9-4) bought on upside and sold at the peak before it went flat.That's how I made my quick 50k, thank you QTM.
I'm happy I still have a strong bladder,is it true that stock brokers wear depends?

Nonetheless,I have learned the following from play stocking;

1. Don't diversify too much 5-6 stocks at the most.
2. Research is key
3. Buy what you know (see number 2)
4. Buy on upside, sell before it goes flat unless the stock has a steady return history.

2 comments:

Cindy Smith, Editor, Education for the Driving Masses said...

What's your thoughts on ETFs?

An Unconventional Mummy said...

ETF's in an unregulated market can be kind of dangerous. So dangerous that the lil buggers are one of the few reasons that our economy is in such a mess.I'll let you know after Obama cleans up the bank situation if I change my mind.